Friday 8 June 2018

Living the High Life....

Over five thousand of us recently took on the Loch Ness monster. Not the mysterious, creature-kind, but the formidable etape. For those unfamiliar with this beast, it's a 66 mile cycling event circling the world-famous Loch Ness. 

Despite travelling this road umpteen times throughout my life, I was still completely blown away by its beauty. Having the road car-free​ made it all the more enjoyable, with plenty craic along the way Just putting it out there: maybe the best cycle I have ever done. Reaching the bagpiper and the top of The Hill, I could not have felt prouder to be a Highlander. What an amazing place to balance work with life. To be welcomed at the end by a cup of Cromarty Brewery beer, and a Harry Gow dream ring, I challenge you to finding a better finish line crossing!

Being Invernesian may make me a tad biased, but I cannot think of a place I would rather live and be a GP.

Keep balancing!
Dr Lisa Rennie,
GPST3, Kingsmills Medical Practice, Inverness
Caledonian Programme
 

No comments:

Post a Comment