- Applications opened Monday 25th February, and will close on 22nd March 2013
- Stage 2 Computer Based Test - 23rd and 24th April 2013
- Stage 3 Selection Assessment Centre - 14th and 15th May 2013
Here in the North of Scotland all our 3 year programs are just about full however we will have spaces in both our Grampian and Caledonian 4 year Programs. Numbers are not quite finalised at this stage as Round 1 applicants still have until Mid-day 7th March to accept offers that are currently held. Programs will then be finalised by 14th March.
At the present time it is looking as though we will be offering
- 6 or 7 posts in the Grampian 4 year program
- 7 or 8 posts in the Caledonian 4 year program
- 4 or 5 posts in the Rural Track program, 2 in Orkney, 2 in Caithness and 1 in Fort William. (Subject to confirmation with the relevant Health Boards)
Our four year programs offer excellent experiences and opportunities. You have the advantage of being able to take 4 years to sit and pass the MRCGP and the programs also offer great experiences in our Rural General Hospitals in the first year. Have a look at Mike McIver's blog about his first year in Oban.